Foodservice Strategic Account Manager
The Foodservice Strategic Account Manager position reports directly to the Senior Director of Business Development and will have accountability for expanding Foodservice national accounts by targeting new customers and growing current customers including: establishing, maintaining, planning and executing the overall policies and goals for the SMA Strategic Accounts program. Overall responsibilities include contributing to departmental goals and objectives set by the Sr Director of Business Development, achieving account profitability and sales via GPO and non-GPO national account targets. This individual will also be responsible for coordinating various distributor responsibilities in accordance with the SMA Foodservice model and procedures, supporting all SMA corporate initiatives, and meeting with end user customers, in support of distributor sales efforts. This individual must live near an airport hub like Dallas, Houston, Phoenix, Salt Lake, Denver, Albuquerque. It is preferred that this individual live in one of the following States: TX, AZ, NV, NM, UT, CO.
- Develop and manage the SMA Foodservice program; including MFG negotiations, marketing support, DSR training, program problem solving.
- Identify potential national/regional customers and negotiate/close/manage agreements, including GPO and non-GPO accounts.
- Communicate SMA value proposition and responsibilities to distributor account “Foodservice specialists.”
- Ensure “Foodservice specialists” effectively execute responsibilities outlined in SMA strategic account model.
- Manage/Support/Coordinate all Foodservice segment processes, specifically activities of Foodservice specialists.
- Interface with SMA Marketing to assist in the development of sales tools for DSRs, as well as for SMA.
- Interface with SMA IT department to ensure effective development of Internet capabilities, including customer catalog, online ordering, centralized billing and reporting.
- Assist with development and facilitation of annual Strategic Account Summit.
- Review changes to the marketplace and industry and adjust plans accordingly.
- Provide direction to the SMA internal staff responsible for managing Foodservice accounts as needed.
Essential Skill Sets
- High-energy self-starter, self-motivated, positive ‘can do’ attitude.
- Ability to effectively develop and implement sales and marketing business plans and strategies.
- Strong organizational, analytical, tactical, methodical, critical thinking and problem solving skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; persuasive and professional.
- Excellent presentation skills.
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills, specifically PowerPoint and Excel.
- Ability to interface and foster effective relationships with distributor Foodservice specialists, management and salespeople.
- Ability to organize and execute sales education and training programs specific to the Foodservice industry.
- Minimum Bachelor's Degree in a business-related field (e.g., Marketing, Management, etc.) or equivalent work experience.
- ServSafe certified preferred. CIMS certified a plus.
Work Experience Requirements
- Minimum 5 - 10 years of experience working in distribution, sales or national account development and execution
- Minimum 5 - 10 years of experience selling and servicing the Foodservice market segment, including GPO and non-GPO accounts. Foodservice disposables and small wares.
- Must have experience interfacing with mid to senior level customer management.
- Must have a successful track record of closing and maintaining Foodservice accounts typically serviced by Broadliners such as Sysco, US Foods, PFG.
- Minimum 5 - 10 years of experience working in the field training customers and distributors regarding product and program solutions (Foodservice disposables and small-wares).
- Minimum 5 – 10 years of experience presenting to large groups such as Distributor Sales Reps, and customers.
- 50 – 70% travel depending on account needs.